- Monday, August 14; 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Tuesday, August 15; 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Foster Music Building, Room 104
Please read in its entirety and complete all necessary steps prior to your audition.
- A prepared piece is not necessary. You will be asked to sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee," will be vocalized to determine your range, and will be asked to demonstrate sight-reading, interval, and tonal memory skills. The audition lasts approximately 10 minutes.
- All voice majors are required to audition and be available for University Singers if selected.
- Students receiving a School of Music voice scholarship are required to audition and participate in two choirs if selected.
- All returning members of U.Singers must re-audition.
- Participation in U.Singers requires a two-semester commitment unless you are graduating in December or student teaching in the spring.
The choirs listed below do not require an audition. Simply register for the class and we'll see you at the first rehearsal.
- EnChor (SSAA)
- MUS 228A / 428A
- Rehearsals are Tue/Thu, 2:00-3:15 pm
- Koros (TTBB)
- MUS 228B / 428B
- Rehearsals are Tue/Thu, 3:30-4:45 pm
New to EKU Choirs? Visit our FAQ's page.
VOICE SCHOLARSHIP AUDITIONS
Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate and graduate voice majors based on demonstrated performance abilities. Auditions occur on specially designated days during the spring semester.